Crown and Bridge (Tooth Cap)
A crown is a dental restoration that covers or ‘caps’ a tooth or improve the appearance of a tooth. It is required for the following conditions:
- Decay or Fracture: If there is a significant decay or a large portion has fractured such that there is not enough tooth structure remaining to provide support.
- Following root canal treatment: a crown is often needed to strengthen the tooth and avoid stress fracture of the treated tooth.
- Cosmetic reasons: In case of discolored or badly shaped teeth, crowns can improve the esthetics
- Attrition: Severe grinding can cause attrition and wear down the teeth to a point where only crowns can strengthen them and provide sufficient structure to help in proper function of chewing.
- Dental implant: A crown is fitted over the dental implant to provide proper function of esthetics and chewing.
Crowns typically last five to eight years, but can last much longer with proper oral hygiene Bridges. A bridge is a dental restoration that replaces or ‘bridges’ the space where one or more teeth have been lost.
At Ayushmaan Dental Clinic crown and bridges are made of the following materials:
- Zirconia (Zircam, 3M)
- All Ceramic (Metal Free) EMAX crowns for high esthetic needs
- Porcelain Fused to metal
- All Metal